Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Featured Spotlight

Week 7: Second Baseman Chase Utley


Chase Utley has been playing tremendously. The vital part of any offense, the lefty second bagger has supplied power and high on-base average. He leads the NL in hits by pitch. The man just knows how to get on-base: "Absolutely, I mean I just need to get on base for the monster bats behind me. So if that means taking one for the team, I guess I have no choice."

As the league has witnessed, the known offensive weapon is also a solid, hardworking defender. When he takes ground balls before games, you know that by game time his jersey will be dirty. Skipper Bobby Cox has mentioned, "its players like Chase and his work ethic that keep me at the game."

Looking to the second half of the season, the lefty is batting .320 with 54 RBIs. Obviously the best offensive second baseman in the game today, he has 54 RBIs, adding tremendous balance to the Moab lineup. The UCLA grad looks to be in contention for league MVP as BARB rumors begin to swirl as the All-Star game approaches.



Bob Uecker
The Aftermath

No comments: